Heliski (heliskiing), heliboarding in Uzbekistan
Heliski (heliskiing), heliboarding in Uzbekistan
Type of tour: heliski
Season: January - March
Duration: 8 days
The itinerary: Tashkent - Chimgan - Tashkent
Heliski (heliskiing), heliboarding - one of the varieties of ski free ride with using of helicopters in order to deliver skiers (snowboarders) to the mountain peaks, ridges and passes.
During last decades Uzbekistan has become one of the most popular places in the world for heli-skiing programs.
Heliski in Uzbekistan is a wide choice of mountain slopes, couloirs, rocky ramps, wide snowfields. Heliskiing in Uzbekistan is "the most slippery and fluffy" snow in the world.
Heli ski in Uzbekistan is dizzying descents with 2000 meters amplitude.
Heliskiing in Uzbekistan is stable sunny weather and comfortable temperature for skiing.
Heliski in Uzbekistan is the best price of package program of 25 vertical kilometers in the world.
Heliboarding in Uzbekistan is the east exotic and traditional Uzbek hospitality.
BRIEF PROGRAM OF THE TOUR
|Day 1||Arrival in Tashkent. Accommodation in hotel. After lunch transfer to “Pyramids” complex.|
|Days 6-7||Reserve days for the case of bad weather.|
|Day 7||Transfer to Tashkent to the dinner, final banquet.|
|Day 8||Departure from Tashkent.|
How to get to ski area. The tours start in the capital of Uzbekistan – Tashkent city. The most comfortable flights are fulfilled by Uzbekistan Airways, AEROFLOT, Turkish Airways.You will be met by our representatives at the International airport and during the whole tour he will take care of you.
Skiing area. Skiing/snowboarding is offered in the region of Western Tien-Shan (Ugam, Pskem and Chatkal Ranges) just 100 – 150 km from Tashkent - the capital of Uzbekistan at the altitude from 2,500 m to 4,200 m above the sea level. Amplitude drop for downhill is up to 2 km and the downhills are as long as up to 10 km. Mountains of Uzbekistan and technical possibilities of helicopter allow to accomplish descends from summits, ridges, passes. Skiing/heliboarding is run along the slopes of different steep, extreme skiing/heliboarding is also possible. Skiers/heliboarders are waited for vast snow fields, wide gullies. There are also timberlands (archa-covered slopes), natural ski jumps, rocks allowing to accomplish jumps. Each heliskier and heliboarder will find for themselves the slopes according to their taste.
Snow conditions and temperature. Snow conditions allow for skiing/heliboarding within the period from the second half of January to middle of April. Usually, slopes accumulate up to 1,5m - 2 m of snow at the beginning of ski season. Snow is fresh, soft and powder-like everywhere. Middle of March and April are characterized by spring-like snow, but still on some slopes soft and powder snow even at that time can be enjoyed. Air temperatures vary depending on ski zones and seasons: from - 10oC to -3oC.
We use Mi-8MTB helicopters (made in Russia). The helicopter"s capacity is 15 persons plus 2-3 guides with ski equipment. Experienced crew (with length of service 15-18 years) knows well the mountains and peculiarities of highland flights in labored visibility conditions. The group will be escorted by 2 guides at minimum; one of them is avalanche engineer. The helicopter is equipped with necessary rescue-transportation facilities, GPS, satellite telephone and first-aid set.
The terms of the program:
- The base of booking is a written application from client. The company put a customer into the group list for desired date, and it can make the invoice for prepayment 30% of tour cost before 60 days;
- The remaining 70% is paying not later than 30 days. And it is not returnable, except of cases listed below;
- Scanned copies of the passport are also required for participation in the program, they must be sent before a month;
- In case of refusal to participate in the program less than 30 days before the flight, the prepayment is not refunded;
- For lack of the prepayment, the company can cancel the reservation;
- The membership of the group is no less 14 persons. In the case of less number of group participants, the can cancel the tour, with advance notice (not less than 30 days before the arrival), the prepayment is returned in full. The tour can be with fewer participants, with the agreement of payment amounts for customers;
- Getting visa and purchasing of tickets are recommended only after the special confirmation of the tour group collection and 30 days before the tour, to avoid loss of funds (fines for the return ticket, visa fee) in a case of tour cancellation;
- For visa support, you must provide a scanned copy of the passport and a certificate of employment, indicating the position;
- Insurance for skiers is obligatory with the covering no less 15 000 USD in case of health damage or accident;
- Heli-ski routes are chosen by guides in accordance with the level of group training, and depending on weather and snow conditions;
- The program is designed for favorable weather conditions;
- In the case of non-fulfillment of the program due to weather conditions or concerning safety conditions of the group’s being on the route (high avalanche danger), the technical condition of the helicopter or closing the ski area by security service, money for “not-riding” helicopter hours is been returned on the basis of ... USD/hour for the group;
- Repayment for non-fulfillment ascends due to any other reasons (for example: equipment disrepair, bad physical condition of participant, late depart or early return due to fault of participant) is not been returned;
- Upon the fulfillment of the program (flight for 8 hours) and the group’s request to prolong the riding – the additional payment for 1 additional flight hour will be ... USD/hour for the group.
* Note: During the skiing/heliboarding all participants of the program obligatory should have bipper, ABS, avalanche spade, avalanche probe (it can be rented in Asia Adventures Company).
The program in the case of bad weather:
- There are high-mountain resorts Chimgan and Beldersay are situated 15 km far from Charvak. There are two double-chair lifts and some hook ski lifts. In case of bad weather we can drive there our group of guests by our transport on duty, where they can ride independently or with escort of our guides;
- We can offer excursions in Tashkent, Samarkand, Bukhara. Excursions are for additional payment;
- Also heliskiers can rest in the hotel. Big swimming-pool, sauna, bowling, discotheque, bars, paintball are given for their services.
(Saturday). Arrival in Tashkent. Accommodation in hotel 4*.
After lunch transfer to “Charvak Oromgokhi” (“Pyramids”) complex (2 hrs). Accommodation. Rest and acclimatization.
After dinner a safety measures briefing upon the tour carrying out. Instructions of Heliski.
|Days 2-5||(Sunday – Wednesday). Heliskiing, high-mountain descends in the regions on slopes of different steep, difficulty and length.|
|Days 6-7||(Thursday – Friday). Reserve days for the case of bad weather.|
|Day 7||(Friday). Transfer to Tashkent to the dinner, final banquet.|
|Day 8||(Saturday). Transfer to airport. Departure from Tashkent.|
The program can be changed ,it can be added max 2 days of heliskiing and being in this resort, and the price also can scale up or reduce.
The standard daily schedule
|09:00||Getting out to the helicopter.|
|09:30||Departure towards heliskiing region.|
|10:00 – 13:00||Heliskiing program.|
|13:00 – 14:00||Lunch and rest.|
|14:00 – 16:00||Continue heliskiing.|
|16:30||Return to the hotel. Rest.|
|20:00||Independent rest (bar, discotheque, swimming-pool, sauna, bowling).|
The standard lunch menu:
Hot beef or chicken broth, cold boiled meat or chicken, sausage, cheese, smoked meat, tomatoes, cucumbers, baking, chocolate, sweets, hot tea, coffee, mineral water, apples, oranges.
|Arrival dates||Tour cost||Places available|
for Heliski program 2019
|group 1||group 2|
|Available: Book this trip now as spaces are available. (However internal flights &/or special permits may still be subject to availability.)|
|Limited Availability: Limited spaces are available so please click on the Contact Us link to enquire about the departure status.|
|Closed: This date is unavailable. Please click on the Contact Us link to enquire about other trip departure dates or booking this trip as a private departure.|
|Cost includes:||Cost does not include:|
• Meeting/seeing off in the airport and all group transfers according to the program;|
• Accommodation in twin room for 1 night hotel “Uzbekistan” 4* in Tashkent;
• Accommodation in mountains in “Charvak Oromgokhi” 3* hotel, standard twin room for 6 night;
• 3 – times meal;
• 2 mountain guides;
• Helicopter for 8 flight hours. (During this time it can be “ridden” 25-30 vertical km, on average 5-8 descends per day with total amplitude 6-10 km, record is 16 km).
• The cost of air ticket to the place of starting/finishing of the program;|
• The cost of visa and consular fees (for Russian, Ukrain, Kazakhstan citizenry visa is not required);
• Individual transfers;
• High-mountain and snowboarding equipments rent;
• The cost of evacuation in emergency cases;
• Dishes and drinks aren’t included in the cost of group menu;
• Additional expenses, appearing due to bad weather conditions, changing in air schedules, equipment damages, participant’s sickness or any other force measure.
Usually, the basic hotel for the program is "Charvak Oromgohi (Pyramids)" 3*-class. Here are the modern apartments and infrastructure - all corresponding to the European standard. The helicopter base is situated at a hotel proximity.
The hotel "Charvak Oromgohi (Pyramids)" 3* is located on the south shore of the Charvak high mountain reservoir in Ugam-Chatkalskiy national park, 80 km from the capital of Uzbekistan – Tashkent, at an altitude of 1000m a.s.l.
Fresh mountain air, turquoise water of the surrounded by the picturesque Mountains of the South-West Tian-Shan reservoir, all necessary infrastructure: bars, restaurants, conference halls, indoor pool, sauna, billiard, 8 roads bowling, create ideal conditions for rest and pleasure.
The hotel consists of 3 modern buildings made in the form of pyramids which are ideally blended with the relief of the shore. The huge territory is permanently guarded. There are 2 helipads near to the hotel.
The hotel offers you 208 rooms of 4 types:
- Standard (with king size bed and 2 separate beds) is 18 square meters, with a shower cubicle;
- Semilux (with king size bed and 2 separate beds) is 32 square meters, has a view dawn the mountain lake. Room facilities: refrigerator, furniture, bathroom;
- Deluxe (with king size bed and 2 separate beds) is 40 square meters, has two rooms with a beautiful view to the mountain lake. Room facilities: refrigerator, furniture, bathroom;
- VIP – a gorgeous 3 rooms apartment (58 square meters) with a bathroom, sitting room and furniture, has a beautiful view to the mountain lake.
All rooms are equipped with the systems of climate control.
Accommodation in Tashkent is at the hotel Uzbekistan 4*
List of suggested equipment for heliskiing programs
1-Ski poles; 2-Snow-shoes; 3-Avalanche probe; 4-Avalanche shovel; 5-Rope; 6-Warm vest; 7-Sunscreen; 8-Mask; 9-Thermos bottle; 10-Thermally bonded water resistant trousers; 11-Transceiver (beeper); 12-Jacket; 13-Ice piton (screw); 14-Sling and carbine; 15-Bag (35-40 liters); 16-Seat sling; 17-Gloves; 18-Boots; 19-Thermally bonded water resistant jacket; 20-Torch; 21-Screwdriver; 22-Helmet; 23-Camera; 24-Sunglasses; 25-Cap; 26-Snowboard; 27-Air Bag ABS;
Brief characteristics of downhill points
Mountains of Uzbekistan and technical possibilities of helicopter allow to accomplish descends from the altitudes up to 4000 – 4200 m from summits, ridges, passes. Skiing/heliboarding is run along the slopes of different steep, extreme skiing / heliboarding is also possible. Skiers/heliboarders are waited for vast snow fields, wide gullies. There are also timberlands (archa-covered slopes), natural ski jumps, rocks allowing to accomplish jumps. Each heliskier and heliboarder will find for themselves the slopes according to their taste. Below you can find a brief characteristic of the main points of descend.
1. The region of Padar Mountain.
The altitude is 3564 m. The altitude of picking up by helicopter is 1500 m. Maximum altitude drop per one descend is 2060 m. Minimum altitude drop per one descend is 800 m.
There are 4 variants of descends. Two main variants are from under Padar Mountain along the main gorge up to the junction of two neighboring gorges. The average incline on the descend is 30 degrees. Maximum width of the gorge is about 200 m.
Two descends are run from the left orographic side of the gorge via rocky canyon. On the descend the average incline is 45 degrees. The skiing out is to the main gorge. The place of picking up by helicopter is the same as in the first two variants.
2. The region of Ispai Gorge.
Maximum altitude of delivery is 3600 m. The altitude of picking up by helicopter is 1900 m. Maximum altitude drop per one descend is 1800 m. Minimum altitude drop per one descend is 800 m.
There are 6 variants of descends. Two descends are from under the mountain 3400 m along the main gorge. The average angle on descend is 25- 30 degrees. Maximum width of the gorge is about 150 m.
Two descends are from the mountain 3600 m located in the right orographic ridge of the gorge. The first part of the descend runs along a steep about 50- 55 degrees slope, then skiing out to the main gorge where the slope plateaus up to 25 degrees. The second descend from the mountain is run from the back side and run via narrow shute with an incline about 35- 40 degrees. The skiing out is to the main gorge.
Two descends are run from the saddle located in the right orographic ridge of the main gorge. The altitude of delivery is 2800 m. The angle of incline on descend is about 35 degrees. In the bottom the skiing out is to the main gorge.
3. The region of Tavalgan Mountain (Kaptarkumush).
Maximum altitude of delivery is 3500 m. The altitude of picking up by helicopter is 1600 m. Maximum altitude drop per one descend is 1900 m. Minimum altitude drop per one descend is 800 m.
There are 6 variants of descend. 3 variants are from the main mountain 3500 m. The first part of descend runs via narrow rocky shutes with an incline about 30-50 degrees on the descend. Further there is a skiing out on the north slopes of Tavalgan Mountain which are indented with wide but not deep shutes, their wide is fluctuated from 40 up to 100 m. In the bottom the slope is indented with deep gorges and vastly overgrown with shrubs. The general incline on descend is from 25 up to 45 degrees.
There are 3 variants of descends from the right orographic shoulder of Tavalgan Mountain. Maximum altitude is 2800 m. Maximum altitude drop per one descend is 1200 m. Minimum one is 800 m.
The way of descend runs via the right part of the north slope of the mountain. In the bottom also the relief is vastly indented with small sais and it is wooded. An incline on the descend is about 30 degrees.
4.The region of Ikhnach Lake.
Maximum altitude of delivery is 3800 m. The altitude of picking up by helicopter is 2000- 2200 m. Maximum altitude per one descend is 1800 m. Minimum altitude per one descend is 1200 m.
There are 12 variants of descends in two neighboring gorges.
There are 2 variants from the mountain 3500 via left and right orographic gorges. The left gorge is wider and flatter. An incline is about 30- 45 degrees. Maximum width of the gorge is about 200 m.
The right gorge is narrower and steeper in the top. An incline is 30-55 degrees. Maximum width of the gorge is 130- 150 m. In the bottom both gorges are jointed into one main gorge. The average incline on the descend is about 25 degrees. Maximum width of the gorge is 300 m.
There are 3 variants of descend from the mountain 3800 m. In the bottom 2 of them have mutual skiing out with 2 first variants, the third way runs via north-east slope of the mountain and the skiing out will be in the neighboring gorge at Ikhnach Lake at the altitude of 2200 m. An incline on the descend is 30- 55 degrees. In the bottom the descend is vastly plateaued.
There are 3 variants of descend from the shoulder of the right orographic ridge of the main gorge. The altitude of delivery is 3000 m. In the top the descend runs along spurs. An incline on the descend is about 40 degrees. There is the skiing out to the main gorge in the bottom.
There are 4 variants of the descends with skiing out in the neighboring gorge to the lake. The altitude of delivery is 3500 m. The altitude of picking up by helicopter is 2200 m. The way runs along three different shuts with the incline 25-30 degrees on the descend and flat skiing out.
5. The region of Big Chimgan Summit 3309 m.
Maximum altitude of delivery is 3309 m. The altitude of picking up by helicopter is 1600 m. Maximum altitude drop per one descend is 1709 m. Minimum altitude drop per one descend is 700 m.
There are 4 variants of descends.
One variant is from Big Chimgan Summit 3309 m along the north slope of the mountain. There is a wide field with an incline 40 degrees in the top of descend, further via rock gates we come onto wide shute with the incline 35-40 degrees. The shute narrows vastly in the bottom. An incline is about 45 degrees. The skiing out is in Ak-Sai main gorge. And further along the river to helicopter. An incline on the descend is about 25 degrees.
There are 3 variants of descend from the north-west ridge of Big Chimgan Summit. The altitude of delivery is 2300 m. The descends run along three different spurs. An incline on the descend is about 30-35 degrees. The skiing out is flat.
6. The region of Arashan River.
Maximum altitude of delivery is 3800 m. The altitude of picking up by helicopter is 1800 m. Maximum altitude drop per one descend is 2000 m. Minimum altitude drop per one descend is 1000 m.
There are 4 variants of descend.
There are 2 variants of descend along the north slope of the mountain 3800 m. There is a field with an incline 40 degrees in the top of the descend, further the descend runs along the left side of the shute. In the bottom there is a skiing out along wide spur with an incline 25- 30 degrees on Arashan Plateau.
There are 2 variants of descend from Arashan Pass 3200 m along the north slope on Arashan Plateau. In the top the descend runs via wide flat field. The incline on the descend is about 25 degrees. Further you can descend either along wide spur or via shute with skiing out onto the plateau. An incline on the bottom in both variants is 25-30 degrees.