Chimgan- is one of the most beautiful places in Uzbekistan, situated in 80 km to the northeast from Tashkent, the capital of Uzbekistan, in the mountains of the South-Western Tien Shan in the Ugam-Chatkal National Nature Park. Chimgan is under the administration of Bostanlik district of Tashkent region.more...
In summer Chimgan attracts numerous tourists with emerald greenery, clean mountain air, picturesque viewsc, tulips, waterfalls, huge snowfields in the Aksai gorge. There are great opportunities for hiking, mountaineering and climbing, cycling and horse tours. In winter - expanse for lovers of mountain skis, snowboarders, freeriders. In Chimgan and Beldersay you can climb cable railway tracks to the observation points, from which fantastic views of the surrounding mountains and valleys open for tens of kilometers.
The most interesting places to visit in Chimgan:
- Gorge of Aksai with RED and BLACK waterfalls, snowfields, birch grove, rock "tablets";
- The top of the Big Chimgan (3309 m. above sea level ), on which mountaineering routes from 1 to 4 difficulty categories lead;
- Observation points of cable railway tracks in Chimgan and Beldersay;
- Mysterious highland plateau Pulatkhan;
- Marble river with a waterfall and shell fossils;
- Kyzyldzhar tract, Cretaceous remnants on the Akshuran Pass;
- The peak of the Small Chimgan (2100 m. above sea level) with Pesochy Pass (1832 m.);
- Gulkam Canyon;
- Charvak reservoir;
- Exotic villages Yangikurgan, Brichmulla, Yakkatut, Nanay;
- Picturesque valleys of rivers Chatkal, Pskem, Koksu, Ugam, Nurekata, Aksakata;
- The canyon of the Kalasai River with cascades of waterfalls;
- Valley of Paltau with the grotto of Neanderthals, 40 m. waterfall.