Tashkent region is one of the most interesting tourist regions of Uzbekistan. There are almost no ancient architectural monuments, but a lot of natural attractions.
The region is spread over an area of more than 15 thousand sq.km in the north-east of Uzbekistan between the western part of the Tien Shan Mountains and the Syr Darya River and borders with Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan.
The most interesting tourist sites in the region are:
- Ski resorts Amirsay, Beldersay, Chimgan
- Charvak high-mountain water reservoir
- Parkent district (vineyards and orchards, landscape areas of Sukok, Kumyshkan, Surenata, Aksakata and Nurekata river valleys, Bashkyzylsay canyons, solar complex Physics-Sun
- Bostanlyk district (Tavaksay and Karakiyasay waterfalls, “golden” Brichmulla, canyons and waterfalls of Kalasay, Paltau, Gulkam, Koksu, higher than 3000 m mountain peaks of Big Chimgan, Okhotnichiy, mysterious Pulatkhan plateau, Chatkal and Akbulak river valley)
- landscape areas of the valleys of Pskem and Oygaing, Maidantal, the emerald lakes of Ikhnach, Badak, Urungach, Shevarkul, the Pakhtakor glacier and the mountain peaks of Beshtor (4299 m.) and Adelunga (4301m.)
- Akhangaran district (the resort town of Yangiabad, the forests and waterfalls of Loshkerek, the western part of the Angren plateau)